The iconic taste of a Piña Colada instantly lets you kick back and relax. Invented in the beautiful island of Puerto Rico, these popular Caribbean cocktails are typically made with rum, pineapple juice, coconut cream and ice. When creating your own Piña Colada at home, follow these tips to make it as tropical and tasty as it can be!
- For a more affordable Piña Colada, skip the top shelf rum and select something that is decent and budget friendly.
- Instead of the bottled Piña Colada mixes, opt for fresh ingredients (frozen works well too). This allows you to control the sweetness of the drink.
- If you prefer a thicker drink, add more ice. For a thinner drink, add a splash of coconut milk or add less ice.
- ½ cup diced frozen pineapple
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 ounces coconut cream
- 1 ½ ounce white rum
- 1 ounce dark rum
- 1 ½ cup ice
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and frosty.
- Pour drink into glass and garnish with your choice of fruits.
Raise a glass and toast! We’d love to see your creations. Post your pictures using the hashtag #CBBdrinks.