What could be more romantic than honeymooning in the Caribbean? Envision a trip full of crystal blue seas, warm nights and tropical adventures. The region is so diverse and full of options, that there is truly a destination for every newlywed couple. Here are our top 5 tips on planning your dream Caribbean honeymoon.
1. Set up a Honeymoon Fund on Your Registry: When it comes to budgeting for your honeymoon, it is a good idea to set up a fund on your registry that will help to ease some of the financial burden. Allow gift givers to contribute towards a general honeymoon fund, or list specific activities, meals or other expenses that you wish to have covered.
2. Choose an Island: Every island in the Caribbean is differentiated by its distinct characteristics. When deciding on a destination, a number of attributes should be taken into consideration, including beaches, excursions, cities, nightlife, restaurants and access to neighboring islands. To easily compare Caribbean islands, click here.
3. Find a Resort that Offers a Honeymoon Package: When deciding where to stay, take honeymoon packages into consideration. Many Caribbean resorts offer special deals to newlyweds that include romantic luxuries, such as champagne, spa treatments, private dinners and more. To find Caribbean honeymoon packages, click here.
4. Make Your Dinner Reservations: Plan your dinners in advance to ensure a table at any restaurant that you have your heart set on. When making your reservation, be sure to tell the host that you are celebrating your honeymoon to see if they offer any dining specials!
5. Book Activities in Advance: Make your honeymoon extra special by going on excursions with your one and only. Book any activities that you want to go on in advance, so it’s smooth sailing (pun intended) when the time comes to go on your adventures. To find Caribbean excursions, click here.